HARFORD TWP, SUSQUEHANNA CO, (WOLF) — Update 5/15/23: One missing pet has been confirmed deceased following a house fire last week.
According to homeowner Jenn Hodges, Luna was finally located in the house on Saturday and was retrieved to be cremated. Dixie is still missing as of Monday morning.
The family has created a GoFundMe to help navigate the obstacles they face ahead.
With the layout of the house, it’s truly a miracle that all three kids, along with Jenn and Jeremy made it out alive. The kids, barefoot with just the clothes on their backs watched as their family home, filled with their belongings and memories, went up in flames.
Officials say the fire is now believed to have started from an electrical box, starting in the basement and quickly moving through the home in a matter of minutes.
One family is searching for their dogs following a house fire in Susquehanna County.
On Wednesday night around 10 PM, multiple crews were dispatched to SR547 in the village of Harford for the reported house fire.
Crews were met with heavy fire from the basement and the center of the main floor of the home in a short amount of time. Officials say that due to the home's design and construction, openings for hot spots made it difficult for firefighters on scene. Crews worked for almost 5 hours to fully extinguish the fire.
All occupants were able to escape unharmed, however, two of the family pets, Dixie and Luna, are unaccounted for. The Harford Volunteer fire company says that Dixie is believed to have escaped the fire, but Luna may not have made it out.
Crews searched extensively inside the structure but were unable to locate one dog. If you see a medium/large dog in the area, you're asked to contact authorities so that the pet can be returned to the family.