Apartment building fire in Shamokin may have started in kitchen


    Several departments helped put out a fire Wednesday afternoon in Shamokin.

    The building houses three different apartments on West Pine Street.

    It took crews about 30 minutes to put the flames out.

    Neighbors say it started in one of the kitchens.

    "I found out that the neighbors behind us, their stove caught on fire and caused the fire. All my stuff is in there. I mean I have pictures of my mother who passed away that are very valuable to me and I'm just hoping to God they are not damaged cause that's all I got," Christopher Sallaway, a neighbor, said.

    No injuries were reported.

    News In Photos

      Loading ...