MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Firefighters: House fire started around chimney

effortfire1.jpg

CHESTNUTHILL TOWNSHIP, MONROE COUNTY (WOLF) -- A fire destroyed a home in Chestnuthill Township on Saturday morning.

It happened around 8 a.m. on Dressage Drive.

The resident was using a wood stove, and firefighters believe the fire started in the chimney, and then spread to the eaves, West End Deputy Chief Bob Geyer said.

The man woke up, smelled smoke, and went outside and saw fire on the porch, Geyer said. Geyer said he arrived in four minutes, but it was fully involved already.

A neighbor heard firemen breaking the windows.

"I heard yelling and shouting looked out my window and I seen fire trucks," says neighbor Chad Campodonico. "Smoke was filling up the woods. Couldn't really see the house, but nothing you could really do. They had it under control."

We're told the home is a total loss. Geyer says PennDOT and Chestnuthill Township were called in to treat the slick roads to help the fire trucks. They were on scene for a couple hours.




Trending