NEPA General Election Information
There are dozens of issues and races to be voted on in the November general election on Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Only voters who are voting for the first time in their election district need to show ID. Acceptable ID includes both photo and non-photo ID.
Individuals handing out campaign literature must remain at least 10 feet away from polling locations.
Do you know what issues will appear on your ballot?
The Proposed Constitutional Amendment Amending the Homestead Property Tax Assessment Exclusion is a referendum that could be a crucial next step towards changing the tax structure, affecting anyone who pays taxes on a house. you will be asked: Shall the Pennsylvania Constitution be amended to permit the General Assembly to enact legislation authorizing local taxing authorities to exclude from taxation up to 100 percent of the assessed value of each homestead property within a local taxing jurisdiction, rather than limit the exclusion to one-half of the median assessed value of all homestead property, which is the existing law.
Most counties provide sample ballots ahead of your trip to the polls.
- Bradford County election results can be found here.
- Clinton County sample ballots are available here.
- Columbia County voting information can be found here.
- Lackawanna County sample ballots can be found here.
- Luzerne County voting information is available here.
- Lycoming County sample ballots can be found here.
- Monroe County residents can find election information here.
- Montour County sample ballots can be found here.
- Schuylkill County races can be found here.
- Snyder County sample ballots are available here.
- Sullivan County sample ballots can be found here.
- Susquehanna County candidates are listed here.
- Wayne County sample ballots are available here.
- Wyoming County sample ballots can be found here.